Sunday, August 15, 2010

Easy Mexican Vegetable Quesodilla

Howdy! I was first introduced to Quesodillas when I moved to Texas about 15 years ago. Growing up as an Asian, I'm not that big on cheese, but somehow, this little delightful appetizer really grew on me. I started making it for friends and family and it was such an easy fix for everybody. Obviously, the filling can be varied, depending on your liking. For this recipe, I just use what I have in my fridge: mushroom, olive, tomato and cheddar cheese. Simple but very tasty. What a treat!

Here's how I made it recently:

Ingredients:
(make 1 round quesodilla- about 2 servings)
- Fresh White Mushrooms (5 or 6 of them)
- 1/2 Medium Tomato
- 2 Large White Flour tortilla
- Olive Oil (a drizzle for the frying pan)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (1-1 1/2 cups)
- Pica de Gallo/Sour Cream/Guacomole (optional to your liking!)

Step 1: Prepare the filling. Wash and slice mushroom into very thin pieces. Chop tomato into small chunks. Set all aside in a bowl.
Step 2: Over medium heat, heat up some olive oil. Carefully put one flour tortilla flat on the pan.

Step 3: Evenly spread out mushroom slices, tomato and 1/2 of  the cheddar cheese to the heated tortilla (do not overload).
Step 4: Spread out the rest of the cheese on top.
Step 5: Cover with the second piece of flour tortilla. Turn heat to low, cook for about 2-3 minutes.
Step 6: And here's the "FUN" part, flip tortilla to the other side carefully with a large flat spatula. Add a drizzle more olive oil to give it a crispy crust. Turn heat back up to medium, cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
Add 7: Cut the quesodilla with a pizza knife into even slices. Serve with pica de gallo, sour cream or guacamole immediately, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment